|Course name||Duration||Minimum Qualification||Minimum Age Limit|
|B.Sc. (Aviation)||3-Years||HSC(+2) Maths & Physics, English||17 - 23 Years|
|M.B.A. (Aviation Management)||2-Years||Degree||-|
|P.G. Diploma in Airlines Operation(Executive)||1-Year||Degree||-|
* Aviation is the science and operation of flying airplanes, helicopters, gliders etc. It deals with the design, development, production, operation, and use of aircraft, especially heavier-than-air aircraft. Aviation can be categorized into three classes.
* Military Aviation- includes flying by armed forces.
* Commercial Aviation- includes scheduled and charter airlines.
* General Aviation- includes crop dusting by air, flying for sports, private flying etc.
Aviation is a subject with endless possibilities. Pilots,
* Controllers, Managers, Mechanics are a few possibilities for a B.Sc. Aviation graduate.
* For CPL / AME holders can attain a B.Sc. (Aviation) degree through lateral entry program.
COURSE DURATION : Three Years
ELIGIBILITY : A candidate shall have passed 10+2 with Physics & Maths from recognized Board/ University &Class II Medical Certificate from DGCA approved Medical doctor.
COURSE DURATION : One Year [Third year (ONLY PROJECTS)]
ELIGIBILITY : CPL / AME Holders
Aviation science refers to aircraft operations and support systems. In addition to flight operations, it includes aircraft maintenance, air traffic control, and airport and airline management. The aerospace and aviation industry includes a wide range of careers requiring a variety of skill sets. Aviation science is the study of the basic components required for a career in this industry. Aviation science includes all the support systems that keep airlines running in a safe, efficient and orderly fashion, including air traffic control, airport operations, airline management, maintenance and piloting an aircraft.
The Indian aviation industry today is gradually undergoing changes- It is not just about core maintenance activity or flying operations but, a host of other allied services. Renowned aviation companies from overseas are seeking India as a joint venture destination to set up their allied business operations.
- The course has been carefully structured in consultation with experts in the field.
- Curriculum covers all the aspects of aviation management and the pedagogy is supported by Madras Flying Club Ltd., local and international case studies, field works and workshops by eminent faculty & professionals from aviation industry.
- Vels University has also entered into a MOU with Madras Flying Club Ltd.
- Option to learn foreign languages like French, Japanese and German is also available